Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this role will take ownership of RQ’s role in the project, ensuring that the event is project managed at the highest level across a number of key areas including; marketing, events, racing operations and adhoc event and planning support.
Key duties include:
• Marketing – Ensuring assets are created and delivered to partners/agencies;
• Events – Management of key events prior too, and during, the series such as media launch, barrier draw and Racing Queensland’s on-course functions inclusive of event bookings, invitation management, catering, styling and entertainment; prepare and send written communication;
• Operations – Working collaboratively with the Albion Park Harness Club on key non-racing operational event components such as on-course entertainment, public catering and facilities, ticketing facilities, functions and events; and booking travel for team members and completing all iPOS; and
• Operations Racing – liaising with keys stakeholders including Harness Racing Australia, host partners Harness Racing Victoria and Harness Racing NSW and mini trotting clubs and assist with the development of raceday documentation including racebooks, runsheets and briefs for VIPs.
The Success Profile
• Highly effective project management;
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Experience in medium-size (up to 5,000 pax) events;
• Experience dealing with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Ability to work autonomously;
• Experience in marketing inclusive of agency briefing and management, social media planning and asset delivery to multiple agency partners; and
• An interesting in racing or sports will be viewed favourably.
This is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your skills and expertise to advance your career.
The Organisation: Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland (RQ) is a statutory body whose primary purpose is to promote, enhance and provide a platform to service the industry across three codes of racing: Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness. RQ’s vision is to connect people through the thrill of racing, and its mission is to be Queensland’s number #1 sport.
Benefits and Perks
We have generous employee benefits such as EAP, an innovative reward and recognition program offering perks and discounts and best practice HR policies offering flexible working arrangements, paid parental leave, talent management and performance development. We also provide annual flu vaccinations, weekly fruit deliveries, corporate massages, and access to an on-site gym as we value your health and well-being.
RQ values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people.
We recognise, respect and value First Nations people and cultures. We are progressing self-determination by recognising the rights and interests of First Nations people. We are investing in a culturally connected and agile organisation, with the skills and experience we need to support better outcomes for First Nations people. We are taking action in fundamental areas like employment and procurement, and by building strong and sustainable partnerships with First Nations organisations and communities. We are focused on working with First Nations people to improve service design and delivery, knowing that this will deliver better outcomes for all of Queensland.
Racing Queensland embraces the diverse talents and perspectives of all employees. We encourage people of all ages and gender identities, LGBTQ identities, First Nations Peoples, people with disabilities, people with neurodivergence, and with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
To be considered for this exciting opportunity click ‘APPLY” now to submit your:
• Covering letter outlining your experience
• Current resume
To view a position description please visit our website https://www.racingqueensland.com.au/careers- training/careers/current-vacancies
If you have any questions about the position, please email People and Performance: email@example.com
Applications close 9am on June 12, 2023
Please note the following conditions apply:
• Must hold a current driver’s licence.
• Intrastate and/or interstate travel may be a requirement.
• May be required to undergo a criminal history check.
• Must have the right to work in Australia.
• Understanding/passion/willingness to learn about the sport of racing and nuances associated with the industry.