|Australian Harness Racing Rules 291-296|
|Unpaid Forfeit List|
291. The Controlling Body shall keep a list known as the "Unpaid Forfeit List".
292. (1) Clubs, and other persons or bodies determined by the Controlling Body, may notify it of arrears owed to them.
(2) Notification under this rule shall be made in the manner and form and with such information and other particulars as the Controlling Body determines.
(3) The Controlling Body may require the notifier to give security including security for the costs and expenses incurred by the Controlling Body.
(4) The Controlling Body shall not make an entry in the list without giving notification to the person or body by whom such arrears are owed specifying the amount and particulars and affording such person or body an opportunity to be heard.
(5) Upon being satisfied of the accuracy and completeness of a notification and upon the giving of security, if any, as may be required, the Controlling Body may make an appropriate entry in the list.
(6) The Controlling Body may make entries in the list of arrears owed to it.
(7) An entry may be removed from the list at the discretion of the Controlling Body.
293. (1) All arrears shall be paid to the Controlling Body.
(2) If arrears are paid to a club, person or body, the receiver must promptly inform the Controlling Body and pay to it 10% thereof.
(3) The Controlling Body may keep for its own use out of any amounts received a sum not exceeding 10% of the amount paid.
294. Unless the Controlling Body otherwise determines payment of all arrears, fees, charges or other amounts under Part 20 shall be made in cash or by bank cheque.
295. (1) The provisions of this rule apply to or with reference to a person named in the list, or in the equivalent list of a recognised harness racing authority as someone owing arrears, fees, charges or other amounts.
(2) The person named in the list shall be subject to the same disabilities and penalties as are declared by Rule 259 to apply to persons who are disqualified.
(3) Where the person is a part owner of the horse, the other owners may submit a proposal to the Controlling Body concerning the training, management, control or superintendence of the horse or its nomination for or start in a race.
(4) The Controlling Body may waive or vary the restrictions imposed by provisions of this rule subject to such conditions as the Controlling Body sees fit.
(5) Pending the Controlling Bodys approval of a proposal, the Stewards may make such determinations concerning the matters mentioned in sub rule (3) as they see fit.
296. (1) Rule 295 does not apply to a horse otherwise within its scope, where a transfer of the horse has been approved by the Controlling Body.
(2) The transfer may be subject to such conditions as the Controlling Body thinks fit.
Rules Effective from 1st September 1999 (State Controlling Bodies must adopt)
Rules Approved - 16th March 1999 (AHRC Meeting)